Corporate responsibilty is at the core of our business philosophy. HDco has contributed both monetarily and in-kind to many local and international organizations. Our team members each have vested interests in our charities, non-profits and professional organizations.
Currently, HDco is a corporate partner with Patrons of the Hearts. Here is a little about their cause:
- Care of a child with congenital heart disease is expensive, with treatment costing over $50,000.
- Minimum wage in many underdeveloped countries is $200/month and workers do not have health insurance.
- Specialty care is not accessible to the general population of these countries.
- The infrastructure to care for children with heart disease does not exist or is not functioning.
- Wolfson Children’s Hospital provides care for all American children irrespective of their insurance status.
Patrons of the Hearts aims to create an endowment that will cover the cost of bringing children with complex congenital heart problems to Wolfson Children’s Hospital for medical treatment. This project represents a partnership between the University of Florida Pediatric Cardiovascular Center, Wolfson Children’s Hospital, and the community of Jacksonville. Our goal is to raise $1,000,000.00 for the endowment fund over the next three to five years. This would allow us to treat up to ten children per year in perpetuity at Wolfson Children’s Hospital.